Monday, November 5, 2018

Story Lab Week 12: Twine story software (Tech Tip)

Story Lab Week 12:

Twine story software 




This week, I decided to do the Twine Story Software reading because of my project this semester. I definitely looked into using Twine to make my choose your own adventure story, but because my choices weren't as elaborate as this software would have preferred, I just went ahead and used the button options on google sites. I do regret not using Twine, and if I had more time, I would have put more into my adventure story! So I might pick up on using this software even after the class ends and start just making fun stories on the side that my friends could read if they choose to. I could also use this to accompany my Dungeons and Dragons campaigns with some of my groups! I love how easy it is to use this application. You can also connect more options to different things, and it just helps to keep everything organized. It's also great at loading in options and providing an "undo" so you can backtrack if you change your mind later. Something I added to my story was that some outcomes brought you back to a fork. Making this return fork was harder on the google sites option than it was on Twine! I highly recommend using this site if you'd like to make an adventure. I regret not working with it, but I do think that my story wouldn't have had as many essentials to use this application to its full potential.


Image: Adventure Tag (Flickr)
Twine Info: Twine Tech Tip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe Author's Note: I decided to write my story over The Princess and the Pea , which is abou...