Saturday, August 18, 2018

My Favorite Place - The Story of how I Decided to Start Traveling

Salt Lake City, Utah

 A city of wonder A city of history A city of art



I had the pleasure of going on a trip with two of my closest friends to Salt Lake City. This was my first time ever venturing up North farther than up the coast in California. Not only was it a great sight to take in, but the hospitality, outdoor activities, and the food were some of the best parts of my trip.

One of the best sites was going to Temple Square and getting a visual of the Temple in the center. My own personal photos don't do it much justice but, this is a great representation of the building itself. We were told that it was built many years ago completely by hand (and is the largest of the Latter-Day Saints church establishments.)


(Salt Lake City Temple Slide 1: Wikimedia Commons)

Though I find Utah to be stronger in religious practice, I recommend people of all religious beliefs to make a pit stop here for the beautiful scenery and worth-while activities you get to experience along the way. I've only been to about 4 different states in my life, but I'm hoping to take a big leap and go to Japan this winter! Fingers crossed it will be my new favorite place. 🤞🤞





1 comment:

  1. That picture of the temple is beautiful, Jasmine! I actually went to Utah for the first time ever two years ago: the Canvas headquarters is located right there in Salt Lake City, and I went there for a meeting. Their office building is right in the foothills of the mountains: beautiful! Here's a picture: Instructure. And maybe you will want to do a Japanese project for this class: the Japanese folktale and fairy tale tradition is AMAZING. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe Author's Note: I decided to write my story over The Princess and the Pea , which is abou...