Saturday, August 18, 2018

Time Strategies

Time Strategies

Better management for a better mindset

Time management. You'd think that after years in educational institutions that a student would be better with this by now, or at least have a method to kind of make it easier. I'm someone who balances a lot of different tasks on their plate daily, so I'm always looking for new and better ways to manage my time. I want to put my efforts behind giving equal commitment to everything I have set to accomplish; those being in job hunting, completing my academic career, and maintaining my relationships with my peers. I am grateful for the time that Dr. Gibbs has put in for us to actually set a schedule to follow for the week that's best for our desired workload.

The articles that I read over were both the The Psychology of Checklists and Why Time Management is Ruining Our Lives. Both articles were like contrasts of one another, so I thought it would be beneficial to read two sides of the spectrum. On one end you're given the positives of why we like to put ourselves through hoops to find a way to manage our time better. It makes life more simple to maintain; it brings in a sense of lax and ease. No person is exactly the same though when it comes to what helps them focus and what lightens their workload. It takes many tries and lots of experimenting in order to figure out which system works best for you. Over time, that can become exhausting and stressful on the party that started the process just to not be in that sort of situation! I don't want to be someone that says you shouldn't stress about time management because it can often make matters worse, but I also don't want to be that person who causes you to be overwhelmed due to not figuring a system out. I believe that a balance needs to be made at slowly noticing the things that work for you in order to really determine the types of methods you should practices to manage your time properly. My plan of attack is to dedicate different days of the week to different classes. That idea stemmed from the template set up of our schedules in this course. I'll be sure to even update this post later on to talk about how it's either helped me or brought me down in my other courses!
(Managing Your Time Effectively: Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe Author's Note: I decided to write my story over The Princess and the Pea , which is abou...