Friday, October 5, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing



Week 8 Reading and Writing







I actually really like that we're doing this review week. I've been going back and forth on my blog site theme since the course started and I finally think I'm happy enough with it to leave it be! It wanted a more chilling site to make my story posts also come off as a bit more of a twisted side. Just helping to hype up the vibe I was going for. I think I have my good weeks and my bad weeks when it comes to storytelling. Some stories just really inspire my creative side, and it helps to motivate me to put more into my stories. You can even tell based on some of the peer reviews that when another student is confused by something I've written about or wanted more out of it, I usually feel the same way in the end. Overall, I'd say I'm satisfied with everything going so far this semester. My most significant accomplishment so far in my writing for the class would be to getting my sentence structure down. I never realized how passive of a writer I was! I can't be compelling and slightly creepy if I don't sound more assertive. The information I got from Professor Gibbs, as well as the writing technique assignments, have helped immensely. I hope that in the future and second half of this class, I start being a bit more analytical to story structure from our readings and not just the story plot as a whole. Also going into it more open instead of thinking only about how I would take a story.

Image: Enchanted Forest (Web Source)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe Author's Note: I decided to write my story over The Princess and the Pea , which is abou...