Sunday, October 21, 2018

Story Lab Week 10: Writers Write

Story Lab

Writers Write


Hello there! I decided to do my story lab this week on the Writers Write linked page. I've been getting a bit stuck on what I'm going to do with my story regarding direction. There are so many things I want to do with it and branch out the stories into different pieces, but I know that it would be too overwhelming to make so many different endings and scenarios to go by. So I thought that maybe reading something here would help to limit the crazy branching my mind is trying to go into something that is a bit more realistic for my time and sustainable for my audience to enjoy without missing out on something! The specific pages I read under were the 3 Must Scenes That Reveal a Character and the Cheat Sheet For Writing Body Language. I chose these two subjects because the goal of my story is to meet back up with the kidnapped girl, but you also don't know if you'll reach the antagonist or not so I'd like to have a better idea as to how to bring him into the story fully personified and ready to be evil! I also wanted to get a better idea as to how to describe the protagonist in different situations solely based on body language. My story is interactive, and I want the reader to feel how the protagonist feels, so my thought process is to have more detail in the body language and make it easier to envision yourself feeling the same way. The momentum scene description really spoke volumes to me because I want to be able to build anticipation up for the final scene of the story! I also got to see a visual of a chart that helps to give an idea of how to portray feelings through the body actions of a character. My mind after reading these articles is filled with plenty of ideas on how to proceed, I just need a reliable way to tie all the pieces together! 


Image: Choose Your Own Adventure Layout (Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe Author's Note: I decided to write my story over The Princess and the Pea , which is abou...