Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Story Lab Week 6

Story Lab Week 6

Crash Course Mythology


This week, I listened to the story lab “Overview of Mythology” which went into detail about how to avoid arguement and how to compare myth with religion among theory and protagonists. They want to recount stories that have been used over a long period of time that aren’t necessarily factual or traceable. We often use the word “myth” all the time but there’s no real definition behind this word. It was an interesting insight for how to interpret both the meaning of mythology, theories of mythology, and pieces that go into mythology from characters to setting to overall story. I recommend a watch if you have the time!

Image: Religion and Mythology (Wikimedia Commons)

Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jasmine! I also watched those videos for my first story lab and it has changed how I see stories. I used to set stories as things that were made to be very specific to a time, place, and set of characters, but now I see stories as a framework that just happens to apply to that specific context but can be found in many other settings around the world at different in history, both fictional and nonfictional.

    ReplyDelete

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe

Week 13 Story: The Princess and the Robe Author's Note: I decided to write my story over The Princess and the Pea , which is abou...